Fork Paddock camping area (bush camping)
There’s seasonal, dry-weather access only to this remote spot, as the track leading in becomes treacherous after rain. The reward for those who venture to the half-dozen or so sites here is relative isolation. There are also some fine waterfalls nearby, including the iconic Stevenson Falls on Gellibrand River, accessed by a lovely walking track. Fork Paddock is on the West Barwon Track, 6.4 km north of Benwerrin Rd and 100 m south of the Barwon River crossing. Note: this is a bush-camping site with no facilities.
Who to contact: Parks Victoria 13 1963
This campsite is located in Great Otway National Park
Named after the mountain range that stretches along the rugged coast of the Southern Ocean, Great Otway National Park is blanketed by pristine rainforest and stands of mountain ash, while the seashore is covered in pretty heathlands. The park extends west from Torquay to Princetown, and the ocean has fashioned the coastal limestone here into world-famous coves and rock formations. Beachcombing, walking in cool forests and driving the curvaceous Great Ocean Rd are must-dos for visitors.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Johanna Beach camping area
- Hammonds Road camping area
- Blanket Bay camping area
- Aire River East camping area
- Allenvale Mill Site camping area (walk-in camping)
- Aire River West camping area
- Cora Lynn camping area (walk-in camping)
- Jamieson Track camping area (bush camping)
- Wye River Road camping area
- Parker Hill camping area
- Sharps Track camping area
- Aire Crossing camping area
- Lake Elizabeth camping area (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus