Sharps Track camping area
This site is up in the hinterland behind Lorne. To stretch your legs, head to the nearby Sheoak Picnic Area and follow the well-graded trail to Upper and Lower Kalimna Falls. To reach the camping area from Lorne, take Allenvale Rd, then the turn-off onto Garvey Track, then the signposted turn onto Sharps Track. A 4WD is recommended to negotiate the route, but a conventional 2WD should be fine during dry weather.
Who to contact: Parks Victoria 13 1963
This campsite is located in Great Otway National Park
Named after the mountain range that stretches along the rugged coast of the Southern Ocean, Great Otway National Park is blanketed by pristine rainforest and stands of mountain ash, while the seashore is covered in pretty heathlands. The park extends west from Torquay to Princetown, and the ocean has fashioned the coastal limestone here into world-famous coves and rock formations. Beachcombing, walking in cool forests and driving the curvaceous Great Ocean Rd are must-dos for visitors.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Johanna Beach camping area
- Hammonds Road camping area
- Blanket Bay camping area
- Aire River East camping area
- Allenvale Mill Site camping area (walk-in camping)
- Fork Paddock camping area (bush camping)
- Aire River West camping area
- Cora Lynn camping area (walk-in camping)
- Jamieson Track camping area (bush camping)
- Wye River Road camping area
- Parker Hill camping area
- Aire Crossing camping area
- Lake Elizabeth camping area (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus