Wye River Road camping area
Wye River is a peaceful beachfront settlement on the Great Ocean Rd between Lorne and Apollo Bay. An even more-peaceful campground is almost 2 km inland on the Wye River Rd; camper trailers will need to be towed here by 4WD. Note: there are no facilities, although the proximity of the township means this isn’t really an issue.
Who to contact: Parks Victoria 13 1963
This campsite is located in Great Otway National Park
Named after the mountain range that stretches along the rugged coast of the Southern Ocean, Great Otway National Park is blanketed by pristine rainforest and stands of mountain ash, while the seashore is covered in pretty heathlands. The park extends west from Torquay to Princetown, and the ocean has fashioned the coastal limestone here into world-famous coves and rock formations. Beachcombing, walking in cool forests and driving the curvaceous Great Ocean Rd are must-dos for visitors.
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Johanna Beach camping area
- Hammonds Road camping area
- Blanket Bay camping area
- Aire River East camping area
- Allenvale Mill Site camping area (walk-in camping)
- Fork Paddock camping area (bush camping)
- Aire River West camping area
- Cora Lynn camping area (walk-in camping)
- Jamieson Track camping area (bush camping)
- Parker Hill camping area
- Sharps Track camping area
- Aire Crossing camping area
- Lake Elizabeth camping area (walk-in camping)
comments powered by Disqus