Malcolm Dam camping area
Malcolm Dam camping area is a little oasis in the outback, with sites set in native bushland around the 1902 dam. Built to provide water for the outback trains, the dam is now a haven for birdlife and anglers. To get here, travel 10km east of Leonora via Laverton Rd then 4km north via Malcolm Dam Rd. While you’re here, pay a visit to Leonora to admire its old buildings and gold-rush-era history. Come equipped with firewood and drinking water.
Who to contact: Leonora Information Centre (08) 9037 7016; or Shire of Leonora (08) 9037 6044
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Niagara Dam camping area
- Wanjarri Shearing Shed camping area
- Mount Elvire Homestead camping area
- Goongarrie Homestead camping area
- Laverton Caravan Park
- Credo Homestead camping area
- Rowles Lagoon camping area
- Lake Mason camping area
- Jaurdi Station Homestead camping area
comments powered by Disqus