Fortescue River Mouth camping area
Self-sufficient campers who enjoy boating and fishing should pack their firewood, portable toilet and drinking water, and set up camp here for a spell. Leave the North West Coastal Hwy 105 km south-west of Roebourne, 80 km south of Karratha, and travel north-west for a further 24 km. The small camping area is set among trees at the mouth of the river; check the tide before launching your boat.
Who to contact: Karratha Tourist Bureau (08) 9144 4600; or Council Ranger Service (08) 9186 8528
Want to see your campsite photos featured here? Send us your photos.
- Balla Balla (Bulla Bulla) camping area
- Miliyanah camping area
- Dampier Archipelago camping areas (boat-based camping)
- Cleaverville Beach camping area
- Stargazers camping area
- Crossing Pool camping area
- Forty Mile Beach camping area
- Dampier Transit Caravan Park
comments powered by Disqus